French, Saffron, Curcuma Macarons For Mac Attack 5!


First I would like to wish you all a very happy Mother's Day!  Many countries of the world celebrate their own Mother's Day at different times throughout the year.  In UK, it is today, March 14, 2010 : the Mothering Sunday Date.  UK holds the prestige of being the first country in the world to celebrate that very special day.

I cannot describe Mother's Day as anything other than SPECIAL and I don't know why I always cry on this Day, which makes my heart feel like crying with sheer joy, delight but I still feel sad and blue because I miss so much my lovely mother who passed away in March, 1998.

Now, it's time to post for March Mactweets Challenge, hosted by Deeba of Passionate about baking
and Jamie of Life's a feast, and this month theme is: “Spring Fling:".  I love Spring so much, maybe because I was born on April.   I love the spring flowers, I mean really really love them.... When I think of spring, I become a yellow-orange Tulip.  Both colours yellow and orange attract me and make me feel cheerful, happy and energized, so I decided to make these saffron macarons.  As a filling, the kids chose white chocolate and marshmallow.  I’m submitting this post to MACTWEETS, a LOVELY BLOG devoted to MACARONS AND ONLY MACARONS.  Please check it out! The round up will be posted on the 20th of March.  It falls on the "Jour du Macaron / Fête de printemps".

For recipe, I always use my usual recipe adapted from La cuisine de Mercotte, the Queen of French Macarons!.
Mamatkamal



I served those macarons on "Sweet Sesame Meringue"





Comments

Jamie said…
I always love your presentation and love that meringue! Beautiful,beautiful macs and love the flavors!

Happy Mother's Day and WOW what a treat, a limo out to lunch! Lovely family, lovely mom. Bittersweet but perfect!
Nadji said…
Les macarons sont tout simplement MAGNIFIQUES.
Toutes mes félicitations : une merveille.
Je t'embrasse.
Tu as de la chance de ne pas habiter Paris, je serai passer chez toi à la vitesse de l'éclair pour en goûter.
Barbara Bakes said…
What a wonderful surprise! Your macs just seem to get more and more perfect, if that's possible!
Arlette said…
Happy Mother Day my friend!!! What a nice lovely surprise, I bet you had a wonderful day...
Mother's day in North America is in May.
what a lovely macarons I love the color you get from the saffron.
Great photos as well...
Unknown said…
pour moi tu sera toujurs la reine des macarons


je suis sans voix wallah


ton commentaire pour le batbut du son je l ai elimine par megarde je ne l ai pas fait expres .mais je te remercie d avoir passer me voir
merci
pour le partage

et merci pour ces delicieux macarons chapeau bas
faithy said…
Wow! Beautiful macarons! And flavors are just intense!
Shabs.. said…
beautiful creation and looks soo good....I am yet to try my hands on macarons....the macposts are tempting me so much to try these, but so intimidated:(
Deeba PAB said…
Love them all the way Mamat... gorgeous colours & flavours! Also love how you served them... refreshing!!
Thank you playing with us at MacTweets!!
nazarina said…
Oh, I would give anything for a beautiful saffron macaron, you have so lovingly made here!
Sarah said…
You are the macaron master! They look perfect and beautiful presentation.
tspegar said…
Your little macs look so pretty and delicious! Lovely photos! I always enjoy your work.
Bonnie said…
Lovely presentation. I really enjoyed your past. You know how to make a macaron!
Oumsara Ilham said…
bravo mamatkamal,c'est magnifiques,maachallah 3lik hbiba,tes macarons sont extra,tbarkellah 3lik a zine
Hari Chandana P said…
First time here.. Nice blog!!.. :)
Joanne said…
Happy mother's day! Your hubby and kids sound excellent.

Those macaroons are gorgeous. I love how they are stuffed to the brim with filling. Perfect.
Katy ~ said…
Happy Mother's Day, my beautiful friend! I hope you cried many tears of happiness. What a wonderful and thoughtful surprise to be treated so royally. I am glad that the day was made for special for you.

I think no one else does macarons as well as you do. They are so beautiful!
Cristie said…
Beautiful presentation, so very creative. Thank you for the pictures of the process, so very helpful for someone like me in the learning process.
Unknown said…
Fantastic presentation and I love that meringue filling.
Stunning. Love the colour, the smooth, shiny tops on the mac shells and the addition of Saffron and Tumeric! Superb